Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
Our memory impaired area, known as Shelter Pointe Alzheimer's Center, is a self-contained unit that provides care and treatment for all stages of dementia, and Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's Care is available in both our Cincinnati, and Dayton facilities. During the first visit, you will appreciate how much care has been given to creating a warm, home-like setting for our residents. Their comfort and safety - as well as the peace of mind of their families - is our paramount concern at all times. Recognizing that the traditional nursing home setting is not normally well suited for the Alzheimer's resident, we have developed an area specifically designed for individuals affected by memory impairment.
- Higher ratio of staff to residents in this unit.
- Special training for our staff to provide better care and treatment for individuals with memory impairments.
- Allowing as much personal freedom as possible while keeping in mind the need for security and safety.
- Spacious private and semi-private accommodations where residents may feel welcome by bringing a few mementos from home.
- Attractively decorated lounge and dining areas provide a calm eating environment and a pleasant, home-like atmosphere.
- A variety of activities that are geared to the various cognitive levels. Providing a calm, structured environment is an integral part of the ongoing social programming for our residents with dementia or Alzheimer's.